Firefighters called to Brandwood after mobile phone starts flat fire

14368650_507102576156818_9013115250089278654_nFirefighters from Kings Norton & Billesley were called to a fire in a ground floor low rise flat on Wednesday morning on Brandwood Park Road in Brandwood.

The cause of the fire was a faulty mobile phone which was left on a bed and overheated.

Luckily smoke alarms alerted the occupants who escaped and closed the doors behind them preventing the fire from spreading further. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the flat and put the fire out.

For advice on electrical safety and appliances visit https://www.wmfs.net/your-safety/at-home/electrical-safety/ and https://www.wmfs.net/your-safety/at-home/fire-safety/electrical-appliances/